Monday 24 June 2013

Guardia Civil shoots at Gibraltarians on a Jet SKI in British Gibraltar Territorial Waters!

Guardia Civil shoots at Gibraltarians on a Jet SKI in British Gibraltar Territorial Waters!


Well it happened what we have been warning everyone in UK, FCO, UN and even the EU. We have been pressuring to no avail - collected 10,000 signatures which is a 1/3 of our population and yet nothing!

The United Kingdom Government continue to ignore us and ignore the dangers we keep raising about the Spanish Para Military - Armed Guardia Civils in our waters - our British Territorial Waters! We have been demanding, asking and begging for UK to stop appeasing to Spain - we have had hundreds of diplomatic messages sent to Madrid! For what? NOTHING!

We have targeted our own Governor who represents our Majesty the Queen and to no avail - only words and more words! 

We have targeted our FCO - for what? NOTHING! FCO are controlling our Police to do no action just calling for RESTRAINT! 

I keep saying it over and over again - I and we the people of Gibraltar will hold you all accountable for any death or injury caused at sea by any SPANISH armed Guardia CIVIL! This is no joke - these Guardia Civil are para militaries and all the diplomatic protest have done nothing but just encourage the bully that Spain is to challenge the integrity of our British Territorial Waters even more!

History tells you a bully must be stopped - ignoring it does not make it go away! You have the history of the Falklands Islands as proof!

We now urge everyone from everywhere to join forces and support us! - email the United Nations, European Union, the UK government, The Foreign Commonwealth Office yes even our Governor in Gibraltar! Doing nothing = nothing changes!

We have a lot of support and now we need real warriors to stand with us and for us before we have a death at sea! Read the latest incident!
********
On 24th June the Defenders of Gibraltar met with the individual who was fired upon by the Guardia Civil whilst on a Jet Ski in BGTW, in order to find out more about the incident and to help pass on his thoughts and feelings to the UK Government. As a result, the following letter he dictated will be sent to UK Ministers by us.

The individual concerned wishes to remain anonymous.

"On 23rd June, I decided to spend the day at Western Beach and try out a new Jet ski I had purchased. I had been taking friends and family members on rides within BGTW on the said Jet Ski throughout the day. It was on one of these trips, when I was with a friend that I was fired upon at least 4 times by a Guardia Civil vessel within British Gibraltar Territorial Waters for no reason whatsoever.

During the journey in question, I left Western beach, always staying within the confines of British Waters, and hugging the coast. AT the entrance to the north mole, I turned around and made my way back to Western Beach. It was on the journey back, that my friend made me aware that a Guardia Civil vessel had turned around and begun to chase me. The vessel quickly caught up with me, where I could just about make out 3 individuals, one of whom was carrying a black weapon about a metre in length which was aimed towards our jet ski.

At this point, I was in fear for our safety and wanted to get back onto the beach away from the threat. Suddenly, shots were fired, and I had to perform evasive manouvres in order to avoid being an easy target for the person carrying the weapon, and also to avoid being run down by the substantially larger vessel. Somehow, after what I recall hearing at least 4 separate shots, I made it past the entrance into western beach, which lies at the end of the airport runway. Upon landing at the beach, I approached a Police Constable who reported the incident immediately to the Central Station. The Police Constable in question was willing to act as witness to me being on the Jet Ski all day taking friends and family for rides. The Guardia Civil also apparently confirmed to the Police that they had fired upon my Jet Ski. I understand the Police are running a full investigation on the matter and have complete confidence in their ability to do so, so on that I will not comment further.

I am very disappointed and distraught that this has happened to me, in what are supposed to be British Gibraltar Territorial Waters. I know this is not the first time this has occurred and quite honestly if nothing concrete is done to stop the Spanish Paramilitary, it will not be the last. I dread the day someone is injured out at sea in our waters because of the Guardia Civil. Not 10 minutes earlier I had a 10 year old girl on my Jet Ski – can you imagine the trauma she would have suffered if she had been on the Jet Ski at the time of the incident? Can you imagine if she had been injured? What exactly is it going to take for the UK to ensure this doesn’t happen?

I hope you understand the seriousness of this, I cannot stress how unsafe I feel out in our own waters."

This letter will be sent to William Hague, David Lidington, David Cameron, Fabian Picardo and Sir Adrian James John.
*****************************************
Come on people everywhere you would not tolerate this - the time has come to stand up for us and with us!
People of Gibraltar more action is needed - we have to show enough is enough before someone dies or gets seriously injured! 
http://vox.gi/index.php?news=7474
 
Anne-Marie Struggles

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a member of the Fascist GE (Facebook group) you are just wasting your time thinking you can comment on here and use this blog as a platform - see ya!