Thursday 3 April 2014

5th March Chairman of Defenders resigns - Time for Change- 9th March new Chairman elected Trevor Bickerstaff!

On the 5th March 2014 Gareth Gingell resigns as Chairman of Defenders of Gibraltar.


It is with a heavy heart that I make public my decision to step down as Chairman of the Defenders of Gibraltar, a group which I founded and have dedicated buckets of sweat, blood and tears into ensuring that the world hears of the bullying and harassment Spain subjects Gibraltar to. I do this in order to be able to focus on other projects.

It has not been an easy journey - in fact if I am completely honest, it has been a very demanding role, one which required a lot of time and dedication, and a lot of personal sacrifice.

My decision was communicated today to the rest of the committee during our weekly meeting. This also means that an election will be held to replace me this coming Saturday. The results of this election will be made public as soon as possible.

I must also stress that I will continue to be an active committee member of the Defenders of Gibraltar. 

Regardless of what the future may bring, I will always stand up for my beautiful homeland and follow my heart.

Yours Truly,
Mr Gareth R Gingell

***********

Elections within the committee were held and on the 9th of March a public statement was made!


ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON AND VICE CHAIRPERSON

The Defenders of Gibraltar would like to announce that Trevor Bickerstaff has been elected by the committee to lead the organisation as Chairperson. Trevor has worked very hard over the last year and a half furthering the cause of the organisation, and his unanimous election is well deserved.

We would also like to announce that Anne-Marie Struggles has also been unanimously elected by the committee to act as Vice-Chairperson. Anne-Marie has also shown dedication to the cause, and her election is also well deserved.

Trevor Bickerstaff had the following to say about his appointment as Chairman:

"I am very proud to have been voted Chairperson and i will do my very best to serve in that capacity. I would like to thank everyone for supporting Defenders of Gibraltar and to everyone in the committee for their hard work and dedication. I would especially like to thank Gareth Gingell for a wonderful job he has done. We will continue to work hard as a team not for ourselves but for Gibraltar as a whole. The Defenders of Gibraltar will continue to work hard to ensure that the truth is brought to light reference Spain's Bullying tactics, and that together and united our ultimate goal is for a Gibraltar that is free from the oppression received and all E.U Citizens can enjoy free Movement at the frontier."

Anne-Marie Struggles had the following to say about her appointment as Vice-Chairperson:

"I am very happy to have been voted vice chairperson and look forward to supporting our new chairperson Trevor Bickerstaff and his plans to make Defenders of Gibraltar reach the whole world in highlighting what a bully the Spanish PP government are! I would like to thank Gareth Gingell for all his hard work and perseverance during his time as Chairperson and for his dedication and sacrifice. Thank you also to our many supporters who continue to believe in us as a pressure group!"
— with Trevor Bickerstaff and Anne-Marie Struggles.

Anne-Marie Struggles

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a member of the Fascist GE (Facebook group) you are just wasting your time thinking you can comment on here and use this blog as a platform - see ya!